We are looking for a competent Grade Setter to coordinate operations and oversee workers at construction sites. A Grade Setter has a solid background in the field. Your leadership skills and your extensive experience have earned you the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
Essential duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate potential situations and provide effective solutions to conflicts that arise during the course of business.
- Familiarity with local site conditions, agency standards, local vendors and subcontractors.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and documents. Ability to read stakes. Knowledge of slopes and lasers.
- Ensure you and your crew are always wearing the proper PPE
- Meet with Manager (Superintendent) every morning to discuss project
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSHA guidelines
- Make sure your work area is secured and safe to the public and workers at all times
- Notify Safety Officer and submit written reports of accidents.
- Interact with customers and document any changes to scope of work
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Strong work ethic
- GPS experience
- Five (5) or more years of construction experience encompassing major sitework, utilities and strong grading background. Supervision of crew experience preferable.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32.00 – $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)