Responsible for the mechanical repairs and services on a full line of heavy equipment products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose equipment based on observational and mechanical testing
- Troubleshoot problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair hydraulics and attachment components.
- Replace broken or defective parts.
- Reassemble equipment and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Responsible for the confirmation of the equipment function after repair.
- Perform safety inspection prior to being released.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Complete service report on each repair.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment required to conduct all repairs.
- Ability to operate diagnostic tools required.
- Capable of working independently or within a team environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Class A required for Peterbilt mechanics truck
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sacramento, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations